Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Make The Most Of Your Life

 



I just returned from a wonderful few days meeting new friends, reacquainting with old friends, making new memories,  releasing thoughts, feelings, patterns that no longer serve me, witnessing someone choosing to leave this earth, celebrating a wedding and an anniversary. 

I was blessed with the opportunity to experience the feelings of being safe, peaceful, calm, solid within myself.  

Yes,  it caught me by surprise.  I first asked myself,  "Donna, what are you feeling?"  "Are you ok?"  

What I was feeling was so new that I thought something was wrong with me.  I realized that the usual "buzz" of anticipation, nervousness, the energy that comes with always moving forward was absent.  I was truly living in the moment and sharing it with another.

What was left and being exposed, that had been hidden behind the "buzz" of living life with forward momentum and each day filled with self imposed and societal expectations was a sense of PEACEFULNESS and CALMNESS.  A feeling that translated for me as feeling SOLID and SAFE.

When I arrived home I found that a friend had sent me the following post.  I feel compelled to share it with you all.  I am sure each and every person will have their own word(s) to describe that place.  The names you choose to use are not important, the feeling(s) and experience is.  Live YOUR Life.


I think it’s important to ask ourselves if I died tomorrow would I be happy with how I lived.

I love to listen to sadder songs , in fact I always found it weird I like to work out to slow music and run to it . I like it because it inspires me and sets my soul on fire, I always found it odd . It reminds me though, all we have is now, some of the song reminds me of pain but the past pain I’ve learned from ignites me and pushes me for some reason.

At a funeral I’ve recently been to the speaker reminded me that even though going to a funeral is painful , those moments we need, because those rooms filled with pain and sorrows forces us look at ourselves and our lives and how we want to be better and live better and love better 

We all came here for a purpose and sometimes we forget and get lost in the chaos, In the noise, in the hills we have to pay , in the jobs we have to get to , in the traffic slowing us down, in the alcohol that drowns /numbs the human emotions for a little while ., 

But it makes sense to me now , maybe my soul somewhere deep down knew I needed to be built this way so when it is my last day I won’t die with one of with deep regrets . 

I look back on my life , not to pity myself, but to remind me of what choices I need to make today , so if I die I don’t regret and “wish I would have .. or waited to ..”

Every day all of us are one day closer to dying .. every day truly does count .. maybe that is dark to say but it is a reminder to live how your heart truly was born to live. 

I’m guilty of this ..

Living for the future - hoping when I get “there” I’ll finally be able to live. Meanwhile I’m missing the journey, eager to get to this “destination” that I think will make life easier and more enjoyable/ I think that’s the human flaw, the mind getting in the way of life at times. 

#Slowdown #Takechances #Speakfromyourheart #Love #Give #Learn #Inspire #Connect 

What do you have to give up , to live ? What beliefs, anger , ruminating thoughts , limiting beliefs do we have to give up , to release - to truly live , to truly breathe , to truly fulfill our potential? 

Sometimes we don’t know who we are without all that because it becomes part of our identity but we can be more than that.

Give yourself permission to become whatever it is you desire , and believe you can just be.

”I am” two powerful words that become you, that are you .

 I am all that I am. And release what no longer serves me. And appreciate every thing and everyone that has taught me . 

Who we are now is an expression of our soul , how we look, what we like, what makes us happy and sad . Expressions of why we came here, what we came to learn and break through, what excites us , what gets us up, what we look forward to, what brings us peace— these all make up the pieces of us. 

I like to write,  play sports,  I like to be alone , to play guitar,  find cold fresh water to swim in, to be around my dogs, my wife kids..these are pieces of me..

What we do and what we like is not who we are , we are everything and nothing at the same time , just on a journey to live, to learn and to evolve.

It feels like a long trip at times , but it really is a short trip here . So I hope we remember, this moment right now, is all we got.